Monday, May 17, 2021

Why does the love of the father not go to his children when he remarries?

This is due to the fact that some woman want all the attention . My father remarried when we were small . So somehow he never had any time for us . It was almost like we never existed in his world . He pushed me away so many times and all I ever wanted was his love and affection as a child . So one thing I learned from this experience my father loved me very much . Even though he married a woman who thought she was an only and first wife . She lived in a dream world and she made sure he never had time for us . So I stood by him a
nd loved and adored him until his very last breathe . My dad lost everything and he was no longer good enough for them . So I do not hate them I pity them . Even today as I am writing this I made peace with her and somehow she cannot understand why I am this way . The Lord has given me much more then what she robbed us off . I am a much better human being and I will always love my father . He made the wrong choices and somehow he couldn't stand up to her . So he had to live with it till his very end . Moral of the story I love my parents I can never hate them they brought me into this world with love and affection so that's enough for me . -  Meera Begg

One of my biggest pet peeves is someone thinking they have a right to speak for me. My advice, don’t think you have that right to speak for him because you don’t. You will alienate your children because of this. It’s not for you to decide. Your children can make up their own minds. You’re just an angry ex, leave your children out of it!!! - Jennifer Sala-Austin

This have nothing to do with father or kids, it is all upon father. I know lots of fathers who love their children no matter what, they could get remarried but their children are part of their life. Father wants to maintain a relationship then he can just mother keeps hers with children. Once parents are remarried if they maintain the relationship with children just like early then new spouses will do as well. There is no standard way of doing it or keeping it. No one have set a rule that father cannot keep loving their children once they are remarried, it is the father who have to set ground rules from day one. Parents are parents and they will always be parents together whether someone likes it or not, you can keep it happily or keep it bitter. - Asha Goel

It depends on the person. I know many dads that remarried and love their children as much as always. Blending families is probably one of the most challenging feats. Not all dads stop or change the love they have for their children, however, there are also many that will see themselves as “starting over” and the first set of children as baggage or constant reminders of their first time around failure. Psychologically the bonds between father and child vs mother and child are found to be the same in many ways, which adds to the question of what was the dad thinking? I think it boils down to children are going to be affected in ways not always foreseen in a break-up and the parents need to make sure the landing off the cliff is as soft as possible. - Brenda Perry

No comments: